Tank manways are important components in the vast majority of pharmaceutical, biotech, chemical, and food and beverage tanks allowing the user access into the vessel. At Tank Components Industries (TCI), our tank manways are available for low-, mid-, and high-pressure applications, with a crevice-free design that lends itself well to sanitary applications. To explore the possibilities, please scroll down!
Exploring Tank Manways
Low- to Mid-Pressure Manway
Available in 14”, 16”, 18”, 20”, 22” and 24” Inside Diameters. Smaller options (Handholes) available in 8” – 12” Inside Diameters.
- Excellent for sanitary applications: No crevice for product buildup, self-draining (excellent for CIP cleaning)
- Cover and upper flange welded with full penetration Plasma Arc weld—can be manufactured in Stainless Steel or Nickel Alloys
- O-ring gasket retained in cover—will not fall into vessel when opened.
- Entire manway safe for autoclave conditions
- Innovative Spring Assist – reduces lifting force at handle. Stainless Steel internals, smooth operation, compact design, and easy to install
- Safety Lock: Automatically locks cover in 105° open position. Simple to operate, Stainless Steel construction (can be used in conjunction with spring assist assembly)
- Optional horizontal hinge assembly allows for adjustability in cover and won’t allow cover to drop when opened—ensures proper alignment
Mid- to High-Pressure Manway
A high-pressure version of the popular TCI-04 sanitary manway, the TCI-05 is an excellent choice for pressures of up to 175 psig (size dependent). Available in sizes from 14” ID to 36” ID.
Our signature TCI-03 manways are a popular choice for manufacturers seeking mid-pressure to high-pressure manways for chemical applications. Ultimately, TCI-03 manways are chemical-safe versions of the popular TCI-04 and TCI-05 manways, offering several helpful features:
- No crevice for product buildup
- Free draining
- Cover and upper flange welded with full penetration weld
- Cover and upper flange can both be manufactured in either stainless steel or nickel alloys
- Innovative gasket tab allows for easy, tool-free removal of flat gasket
- Autoclave-safe manway
- Stainless steel internals
- Compact, easy-to-install design
- Simple safety lock that covers in 105° open position
- Optional horizontal hinge ensures proper cover alignment
- Spring-loaded clamp assembly opens automatically as wing knob is removed
When it comes to tank manways, the possibilities are virtually endless. At TCI, we can produce your tank manways with several customizable features including different classes of stainless steel or specialty alloys, top or side mounting – even small details like the direction of swinging doors. Additionally, our tank manway flanges are welded with full penetration welds.
If you have more questions about tank manways, look no further than the experts at Tank Components Industries. We strive to be your one-stop shop for all things related to tank manufacturing. Whether you’re looking for tank heads, cones, cylinders, ferrules, or even specialty fittings, we manufacture it all in-house with strict ASME standard compliance. Reach out for a free quote today.